6/30/11

Setting Sail On The Blue Mediterranean

Aahhh...looking forward to relaxing aboard the Celebrity Solstice on our Mediterranean wine cruise. Touring & Tasting sold out all our reserved staterooms--we have 32 people signed up to leave Barcelona for Nice, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples, Venice, Kotor and Montenegro, taste Brys and Rodney Strong wine, have a sommelier guided tour of the 2-story wine tower, enjoy a four-course wine pairing lunch...and generally have a wonderful time! I've been looking into port excursions and was excited to realize that we can visit Cinque Terre when we dock at La Spezia, Italy. Most people will take off for Pisa and Florence, especially if they haven't visited the art lover's dream city Florence, with its trove of masterpieces like the statue of David and Pitti Palace. I've been fortunate to visit both cities, but not Cinque Terre, a string of five colorful villages perched on cliffs above the cerulean sea. I've nabbed some photos from Wikipedia:

2 comments:

  1. You are so blessed and lucky to visit those cities. Perhaps you can visit Philippines too someday, while I dream that I can go to the cities that you're looking forward to visit. Cheers!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Nonoy,

    I would love to visit the Philippines! Years and years ago I knew a Filipina who made the most delicious food: lechon with orange juice, black beans and shrimp paella. Yum! Do you have any recipes to share? I also liked her music--but I don't remember any of the songs since it was so long ago.
    thanks for your comment, Tama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback...